Saturday, January 12, 2008

Catch Up

I've gotten a little behind on my photo of the day, mainly because I have spent some extra time with Bradley and Ava. In fact, I didn't even turn the computer on all day Thursday or Friday and it was so relaxing. I didn't even pick up my camera on Thursday and I did pick it up on Friday, but it was my old point and shoot for a quick picture of my new haircut. I'll try to get that posted later. Anyway, I have been playing with my new lens and here are a couple of pictures using it.


Jan. 9 - This quote is actually from today's challenge, but it fit more into the pic I took on Wednesday night. I was downstairs by myself, savoring the quiet after Ava is asleep. I had shut of the lights and it just struck me how peaceful our living room looked with just the light shining in from the dining room. I sit for a while in the parlor and just enjoyed the quiet. Then I grabbed my camera and took this shot.
Savor life's tiny delights---a crackling fire, a glorious sunset, a hug from a child, a walk with a friend, a cup of soup, a kiss behind the ear.
John Anthony
Jan. 12 - I have been back on a book buying kick again. I don't know why, just a couple of months ago, I actually weeded through my collection and donated 3/4 of it to the library. These are some recent purchases. I also bought a new one last night that I can't wait to get into. Plus I am so excited about Stephen King's upcoming novel! Such a huge range of tastes!
And here's one of my babe engrossed in the amazing channel, Noggin. *Props to you, Noggin, for going 24 hours!*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey girlie! just wanted u to know i'm keeping up with this blog as well. i'm totally intrigued about the books you've picked up! i looove to read so you'll have to give me your opinions when you finish! i didn't know the other boleyn girl and love in the time of cholera were books before they were movies so i'll have to check that out. ava is just as beautiful as ever! love this picture of her! happy reading! :-)